1. Make sure that your machine has the most up to date Royal Mail rates available
2. Place the letter, packet or parcel onto the scale on your franking machine.
3. Select the Royal Mail service that you require; first class, second class, recorded, signed for etc.
4. Ensure that you have selected the slogan/logo that you require. This can be anything from your company logo to a festive message.
5. Place the item into the feeder of the machine to print the frank mark onto it.
Larger machines in the range have an automatic feeder which will allow you to print multiple items without manually processing them. Machines in the Elite range can have a dynamic scale, which means the machine will automatically weigh each letter, determine the price and print the frank mark onto it.
Once you have franked your mail, you can take it to your local Post Office, post it in a Pox Box (in a meter posting envelope) or if you send high volumes of mail, you can request Royal Mail to pick up your mail daily.